IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules 
Solo PerformanceUMI PerformanceBlaine Fabrication.comHotpart.comUnbalanced Engineering
2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> new to road racing
TrakJunky
post Dec 18 2009, 04:08 AM
Post #21

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 2,298

Man if I wasn't going to be in Oregon on the 28th I'd make it out there for sure! I'm getting my car together to open track it in 2010 a few times!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
CMC #37
post Dec 19 2009, 05:28 AM
Post #22

CMCer

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 194

QUOTE (TrakJunky @ Dec 17 2009, 11:08 PM) *
Man if I wasn't going to be in Oregon on the 28th I'd make it out there for sure! I'm getting my car together to open track it in 2010 a few times!

Bummer! I am rewarding my pit crew with some on track instruction. He has not driven the track. Should be fun!!!

+Quote Post
TrakJunky
post Dec 20 2009, 06:00 PM
Post #23

QUOTE (CMC #37 @ Dec 18 2009, 09:28 PM) *

Bummer! I am rewarding my pit crew with some on track instruction. He has not driven the track. Should be fun!!!

well I have a feeling I may see you at thill at least once this year unless u just go out to race. I'm going to run with the ncrc because their track days are by far the cheapest for the ammount of track time that u get. All I need is to get some tires really and install my phb. Oh and I live maybe 30mins from woodland.

+Quote Post
CMC #37
post Dec 21 2009, 05:13 AM
Post #24

CMCer

QUOTE (TrakJunky @ Dec 20 2009, 01:00 PM) *

well I have a feeling I may see you at thill at least once this year unless u just go out to race. I'm going to run with the ncrc because their track days are by far the cheapest for the ammount of track time that u get. All I need is to get some tires really and install my phb. Oh and I live maybe 30mins from woodland.

Looks like I'll be doing more NCRC days than usual this next year. Gotta break in a new motor, and NASA has given us a crappy schedule for CMC NorCal with three of the four races being at Sears, only one T-Hill! Grrrr. I plan to qualify for the Nationals, do T-Hill, then hang out with NCRC for some of their T-Hills. You get the $49 get to know NCRC special since you have not run with them before, WOOT! You should spend some $ on their instruction though, it will go a long way in improving your skills and making you safe on track.

+Quote Post
DrivinSidewayz
post Dec 21 2009, 07:07 AM
Post #25

Member No.: 1,026

cmc #37, as the 28th or whenever you said it's goin down at Thill gets closer ill know if im going to come out. my plans for buying an automobile will be delayed because i will be leaving for baseball spring training so chances are i wont be racing or tracking anything this comming season but i will be on this board for sure. so it's kindove a good news/bad news situation with me. im going to try to get my friend out on the track. he doesnt have an Fbody though, he's got a 73 240 with an F20c so it's a fun car. later in the year i think i will have a chance to get out on the track myself

btw you can check his car out here. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwU0FC1-Dv4 i was there for that dyno sessoin.. in person is nuts! stock peak torque is at 7500, new peak torque is still at 7500 but the new torque at 9000 is equal to the stocks peak torque at 7500, power carries to 9500. stock cams... its all about the port work! the dyno numbers are with a mustang dyno

This post has been edited by DrivinSidewayz: Dec 21 2009, 07:20 AM

+Quote Post
CMC #37
post Dec 22 2009, 03:52 AM
Post #26

CMCer

QUOTE (DrivinSidewayz @ Dec 21 2009, 02:07 AM) *
cmc #37, as the 28th or whenever you said it's goin down at Thill gets closer ill know if im going to come out. my plans for buying an automobile will be delayed because i will be leaving for baseball spring training so chances are i wont be racing or tracking anything this comming season but i will be on this board for sure. so it's kindove a good news/bad news situation with me. im going to try to get my friend out on the track. he doesnt have an Fbody though, he's got a 73 240 with an F20c so it's a fun car. later in the year i think i will have a chance to get out on the track myself

btw you can check his car out here. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwU0FC1-Dv4 i was there for that dyno sessoin.. in person is nuts! stock peak torque is at 7500, new peak torque is still at 7500 but the new torque at 9000 is equal to the stocks peak torque at 7500, power carries to 9500. stock cams... its all about the port work! the dyno numbers are with a mustang dyno

I could not believe how still that thing sat while getting the piss revved out of it! Someone did a nice job on that motor! Hope to see you on the 28th, go to the T-Hill website to get details on the event Monday the 28th.

+Quote Post
DrivinSidewayz
post Dec 22 2009, 05:13 AM
Post #27

QUOTE (CMC #37 @ Dec 21 2009, 09:52 PM) *
QUOTE (DrivinSidewayz @ Dec 21 2009, 02:07 AM) *

I could not believe how still that thing sat while getting the piss revved out of it! Someone did a nice job on that motor! Hope to see you on the 28th, go to the T-Hill website to get details on the event Monday the 28th.

all the work on that motor was done by my boy in question (IMG:http://www.frrax.com/rrforum/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) we might see you out at t hill

+Quote Post
TrakJunky
post Dec 22 2009, 10:55 PM
Post #28

QUOTE (CMC #37 @ Dec 20 2009, 09:13 PM) *
QUOTE (TrakJunky @ Dec 20 2009, 01:00 PM) *

Looks like I'll be doing more NCRC days than usual this next year. Gotta break in a new motor, and NASA has given us a crappy schedule for CMC NorCal with three of the four races being at Sears, only one T-Hill! Grrrr. I plan to qualify for the Nationals, do T-Hill, then hang out with NCRC for some of their T-Hills. You get the $49 get to know NCRC special since you have not run with them before, WOOT! You should spend some $ on their instruction though, it will go a long way in improving your skills and making you safe on track.

I havent seen this special you talk of.. is it listed on their site?? i plan on getting some instruction for sure my first couple times out.. I used to ride track days when i was into the whole sport bike thing.. So im sure the flags are the same.. Probably going to be different hucking an LS1 Fbody around that place though especially with the new pavement!

+Quote Post
DrivinSidewayz
post Dec 24 2009, 03:05 AM
Post #29

on the 28th.. as a spectator whats it cost to get in? how much is someone like that limited to where they can go?

+Quote Post
CMC #37
post Dec 24 2009, 04:00 AM
Post #30

CMCer

QUOTE (DrivinSidewayz @ Dec 23 2009, 10:05 PM) *
on the 28th.. as a spectator whats it cost to get in? how much is someone like that limited to where they can go?

There's a .pdf on their website that explains all the details. http://www.thunderhill.com - Family and Friends Track Day, Dec. 28th.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th June 2024 - 01:40 PM