IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Unbalanced EngineeringBlaine Fabrication.comHotpart.comSolo PerformanceUMI Performance

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> WTB: Pair of 2" spacers, maybe two pairs...
Racing Geek
post Dec 4 2009, 05:58 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 2,924

I'll be picking up a pair of Z06 wheels tonight so I'll be needing a pair of 2" spacers to make them fit up front. I may need them for the back too, but I'm also trying to find a 4th gen rear end so I was planning on holding off with a second pair for now. Let me know what you have.

Mike
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
roy
post Dec 4 2009, 06:39 PM
Post #2

Rennmeister

Member No.: 26

Holy smokes that huge

+Quote Post
Racing Geek
post Dec 4 2009, 07:59 PM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Several people on this board are running them without issues.

+Quote Post
1meanZ
post Dec 4 2009, 08:54 PM
Post #4

Mullet club chairman

Member No.: 1,135

QUOTE (roy @ Dec 4 2009, 01:39 PM) *
Holy smokes that huge

They bolt on just like a regular wheel, then the spacer has it's own lug studs. I've ran them with road race slicks for auto-x and open track days, so has StanIROCZ and we've not had issues. I always use ARP lug studs on the hub, and spacer just for safety though.

Racing Geek, I have a pair of 1.5" spacers with ARP studs already in them if you're interested. I was running them on the rear but no longer need them (IMG:http://www.frrax.com/rrforum/style_emoticons/default/cool2.gif)

+Quote Post
Racing Geek
post Dec 4 2009, 09:08 PM
Post #5

Advanced Member

I plan on using 18x10.5 wheels on the front and back like Stan is so would these be enough of a spacer? I keep getting 2"2.25" measurements needed for the rear. Since I'll be going with the C5 front brake upgrade I'll probably need either 1.5" or 1.75" spacers up front. Here too, with the 10.5" wheel, I'm not totally sure what I would need. I suppose I should send a message to Stan and ask him what sizes he's running.

I've also been considering running 17x9.5 wheels on the street. Would these wheels need the same spacer as the 18x10.5 track wheels? I would think they would since they have the same backspacing but for some reason that doesn't seem right to me. :confused: If I find a fourth gen rear, would I only need ~0.25" spacers in back? I should probably just go out and pull a wheel off and put the Z06 wheel in it's place and measure it...

+Quote Post
StanIROCZ
post Dec 4 2009, 09:19 PM
Post #6

Veteran Member

Member No.: 1,144

QUOTE (Racing Geek @ Dec 4 2009, 04:08 PM) *
I've also been considering running 17x9.5 wheels on the street. Would these wheels need the same spacer as the 18x10.5 track wheels? I would think they would since they have the same backspacing but for some reason that doesn't seem right to me. :confused: If I find a fourth gen rear, would I only need ~0.25" spacers in back? I should probably just go out and pull a wheel off and put the Z06 wheel in it's place and measure it...

You'll need 2 or 2.25 on the front for the 17's. You can go as small as 1.5 potentially with the 18's. Strut and tie rod clearance is the limiting factor for the 17's. 18's tuck around that.

+Quote Post
roostmeyer
post Dec 5 2009, 12:26 AM
Post #7

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,727

I've got a pair of 2" ebay specials I've got $50 in. I have second pair but I'd like to keep them around until I figure out what I want to run on the street. PM me a zip and I'll get you shipping quote and a paypall address.

+Quote Post
Racing Geek
post Dec 5 2009, 03:48 AM
Post #8

Advanced Member

QUOTE (roostmeyer @ Dec 4 2009, 06:26 PM) *
I've got a pair of 2" ebay specials I've got $50 in. I have second pair but I'd like to keep them around until I figure out what I want to run on the street. PM me a zip and I'll get you shipping quote and a paypall address.

Are these hub-centric? I've heard some bad things about spacers that aren't hub-centric.

Stan, will I need a 2" spacer for the 18x10.5 set? If not, what size would I need front and back? I'll be installing the C5 front brakes so I've heard that will take 0.25" out of the needed front spacer thickness.

+Quote Post
StanIROCZ
post Dec 5 2009, 12:53 PM
Post #9

Veteran Member

Member No.: 1,144

QUOTE (Racing Geek @ Dec 4 2009, 10:48 PM) *
QUOTE (roostmeyer @ Dec 4 2009, 06:26 PM) *

Are these hub-centric? I've heard some bad things about spacers that aren't hub-centric.

Stan, will I need a 2" spacer for the 18x10.5 set? If not, what size would I need front and back? I'll be installing the C5 front brakes so I've heard that will take 0.25" out of the needed front spacer thickness.

My spacers are non Hub-centric and I haven't had any problems. I got out the dial indicator once and checked wheel runnout. I don't remember what I got, but at the time I didn't think it was very much.

Need or want? A number of spacer thinknesses will work. I told you above what will work and all my info is documented on the 18x10.5 on a thirdgen thread. What I want or would like is 2/2.25 front/rear as a starting point then add on slip ons to get it spot on. I have C5 brakes in front and a 2" spacer. In the back I have a 4th gen width rear with .375" slip on spacers. Rear track is slightly narrower than the front. It'd be nice if I had .5" slip ons instead of .375. Or you could get out a tape measure and a plum bob and check this yourself.

+Quote Post
roostmeyer
post Dec 5 2009, 06:21 PM
Post #10

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,727

QUOTE (Racing Geek @ Dec 4 2009, 10:48 PM) *

I measured ~2.76" center, same as the 1.5" skultes I've got, I'd use a little bit of anti-seize on the hub before you put them in the back, they tend to get a little stuck on. They do have some black overspray on them from the PO, but nothing that hurts their functionality. For some reason I thought the fronts had a smaller hub size, but I just checked the 1.25" spacers I just got off ebay and they're not hubcentric. If given the choice I'd use hubcentric, but if there's fretting going on the studs are probably failing or about to fail anyway regardless of if the spacers are hubcentric.

QUOTE (StanIROCZ @ Dec 5 2009, 06:53 AM) *
My spacers are non Hub-centric and I haven't had any problems. I got out the dial indicator once and checked wheel runnout. I don't remember what I got, but at the time I didn't think it was very much.

Need or want? A number of spacer thinknesses will work. I told you above what will work and all my info is documented on the 18x10.5 on a thirdgen thread. What I want or would like is 2/2.25 front/rear as a starting point then add on slip ons to get it spot on. I have C5 brakes in front and a 2" spacer. In the back I have a 4th gen width rear with .375" slip on spacers. Rear track is slightly narrower than the front. It'd be nice if I had .5" slip ons instead of .375. Or you could get out a tape measure and a plum bob and check this yourself.

I think thirdgen TA's may have slightly smaller fenders than camaros. 1.5" spacers w/ 58mm backspacing seemed about right in the back, still had some rubbing, but the tire didn't stick out. Up front I'm running ~1.4+ls1 rotors for spacers on some oddball 52mm BS wheels. More than 2.5 degrees of camber might help pull the top of the tire in.

This post has been edited by roostmeyer: Dec 5 2009, 06:27 PM

+Quote Post
slowTA
post Dec 6 2009, 05:22 AM
Post #11

Experienced Member

Member No.: 331

My hubcentric eBay spacers just barely didn't fit on the rear. The center bore was about .010" too small. I was able to use a friend's lathe to fix that. But on the front they weren't even close. The step inside the adapter was way too shallow and sat a good half inch off the face of the rotor.

Also the center bore on my rims are bigger than the adapter so the wheel is lug centric anyway.

Now I'm a little bummed that 17's may not fit with a spacer smaller than 2", maybe I'll try a narrow 17" rim and cross my fingers.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th September 2024 - 03:24 AM